Project Management for Non-Profit Workers in 3-Hrs
The workshop is designed with the busy non-profit professional in mind. In three hours non-profit team members will learn key areas of managing a project and walk away with pragmatic tools that can be put to use immediately.
Instruction: 3 Hr Interactive Hands-On Workshop
Instructor: Ayman Nassar, PMP, CSEP, CSM, CSSGB, M.Sc. Eng Mgmt
Ayman has over 25 years of experience in enterprise architecture, enterprise and individual transformation, youth development, project/program management and systems engineering & architecture where he managed over $0.25 billion in projects. Over the past 20 years he has trained hundreds of professionals. He holds two Master degrees in electrical engineering, engineering management and systems engineering. He is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB), a Certified Scrum Master (CSM). He has founded the Islamic Leadership Institute of America and developed hundreds of leadership and project management courses.He has been trained in cultural competence, youth development, reentry, psychology, curriculum development, social services, homelessness, low income housing, youth development, community capacity building and volunteer management. He taught project management, entrepreunership and leadership courses at University of California, Prince George’s Community College, Strayer University and Howard Community College.
Material: Course Workbook – Principles of Project Management in 3 Hrs (included in fee)
Location: 4903 Liberty Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD 21207 – Ample free street parking
- Learning about projects
- Cornerstones of Management
- Core Components of a Project
- Project and System Life Cycle Phases
- Planning Types
- What is not a Plan
- The benefit of Planning
- Planning Artifacts
- Planning Goals, Schedules, Risks, Budgets and more !!
- Statements of Work
- Cost Management
- Communication Management
- Risk Management
- Basics of Agile Project Management
- Case Studies
- Practice Problems
Why Attend this Workshop?
- Learn how to set goals and accomplish them.
- Learn which artifact is the best to use for which planning purpose.
- Ensure you use the correct planning type for the problem at hand
- Avoid spinning your wheels and wasting time
- Learn how to plan for activities
- Learn how to track all work you need to do
- Learn how to plan for risk and uncertainities
- Learn how to develop a roadmap to accomplish your goals
Who should Attend?
Professionals from any industry and background, discussions will be geared more towards nonprofit workers.