Posted on Sep 5, 2011
Agency: Islamic Leadership Institute of America
Program: Mission Excellence
Hourly Wage: Based on Experience and Qualifications
ILIA is seeking tutors for its leadership-based tutoring program, Mission Excellence, for students’ grades 1-12 as well as college students in Engineering and Business disciplines. Our tutors specialize in subjects such as Math, Science, Social Studies/ History, English, Arabic Language, and Quran memorization and tajweed. Mission Excellence is not simply another tutoring program, it is an Islamic leadership-based program which focusing on the characteristics, styles each student. Service is offered to gifted and talented students, on-grade, as well as academically challenged students, as well as special services for students with learning disabilities including adults inshaa Allah. Tutors are sought for ILIA’s two types of tutoring, one-on-one, as well as group sessions. The sessions are offered throughout the greater DC region as well as at our training facility in Ellicott City. We have partnerships with local schools therefore some sessions may be offered at school sites. The hours of operation are decided between the program administrator, student, parent, and tutor. ILIA provides regular training and development to its tutors and provides a competitive working environment.
• Ages 16 & above.
• Some tutoring roles require a college degree or graduate degree, and specializations in certain domains.
• If you are a current student you must have and maintain a GPA (grade point average) of 3.0 & above.
• Ability to drive or have means for transportation
• Excellent experience working with youth in an academic environment, as well as outside the classroom.
• Solid knowledge and practice of Islamic creed, values and principles and leadership styles and traits
• Must be responsible and have a flexible schedule.
• Bilingual tutors are desired but not required.
• Ability to teach one of the mentioned areas above
• Ability to interact with one of the above mentioned student backgrounds and levels.
• Ability to pass an assessment test after the interview process
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy of educational degree transcripts, resume and cover letter outlining your strengths in teaching, tutoring, interacting with youth and past experiences to email@example.com no later than Sept 15th for the Fall 2011 semester.