Youth Board Members Invitation
Inshaa Allah ILIA has 3 seats for board members of ages 16 – 20 to serve two year terms on our board of directors, looking after the needs and strategies of the organization at a national level. This is an exciting role to shape the future and requires exceptionally highly motivated youth who have strong belief in themselves through a solid understanding of Allah’s (swt) attributes.
- Age – no older than 20 on 1/1/2014 and no younger than 16
- High School or College GPA of no less than 3.5
- Submission of a resume and a short letter of interest
- Provide a 15 min online presentation explaining interest in role over the web or in person
- Past experience of at least 80 volunteer hrs over 12 month period in community services
- Two references (school teacher or community leader)
- Strong English language
- Passing of a phone screening interview
- In-Person interview at ILIA’s offices
- Ability to attend board meetings 12 times a year via conference
- Lives in one of the 48 continental states.
- Practicing Muslim
- Permission of parent
Interested youth may reply to this announcement in confidence along with a resume. Upon receipt of resume and initial screening, candidates shall be provided a copy of ILIA’s bylaws for further details on role, organization, mission and responsibilities.
Why Join ILIA Board of Directors?
- ILIA was founded by youth
- Be part of building a world-class institute focused on leadership development, education and research
- Learn skills that give you a jump start on college and career
- Have a say in fixing the world’s problems
- Be a positive example
- Grow yourself intellectually and spiritually
- Earn good deeds that will help when you depart this life
- We can probably go on and on for a few hours …